POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : re IRTC entry : Re: re IRTC entry Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:03:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: re IRTC entry
From: David Fontaine
Date: 12 Aug 2000 01:26:44
Message: <3994DE14.E4938D32@faricy.net>
It is probably Windows' sh*tty memory management. When stuff overflows into
swap it gets all fragmented and Windows takes forever to allocate and recall
it, and after prolonged virtual memory use the system can even become
violently unstable.

--
David Fontaine     <dav### [at] faricynet>     ICQ 55354965
Please visit my website: http://www.faricy.net/~davidf/